New
Find
Notify
Tools

PD hunting in SD in Sept.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How is the Prairie dog hunting in South Dakota in September? I may have the opportunity to catch a plane ride to South Dakota in September for free.
Is this too late in the year to do some good Prairie dog hunting?

I have went Pheasant hunting in SD but never PD hunting. What would be the best way to find a place to hunt? Use a guide? I have heard of a lot of people going to the reservations to hunt, but I don’t want to ride around for three days, and hunt 2 hours.

Buck,

Posts: 109 | Location: MS | Registered: 25 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I've been there that time of year and the dogs are in great profusion, targets everywhere.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It normally would be fine, but due to extreme drought, many landowners may not allow any more hunting this year for fear of grassfire. We already have many acres ablaze, and generally the landowners stick together whether or not to allow hunters.

Posts: 217 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your responses.

Buck,

Posts: 109 | Location: MS | Registered: 25 May 2006Reply With Quote