New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encore Varmint BBL.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
To all the great masters of the varmint world.

I am thinking of getting a 22-250 bbl. for my Encore to use for my varmint rig and I was wondering if anyone has ordered one from the Fox Ridge company, I was told that they handle TC's custom shop.

If anyone has what was your experience with your bbls.
Are they worth having or should I save a little while
longer and try to order one from Virgin Valley or Bullberry.

Thanks

hunter966

Posts: 83 | Location: gracemont, ok. U.S.A. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
what if anything do you have against a standard heavy weight from T/C?... the 26" heavies for the most part are extremely accurate... there are several tuning tips to make them shoot better, but with the 22-250 I've never heard of one that didn't shoot well... can't see spending the money for a custom when it's not necessary...

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an Encore with the factory 26" hvy barrel and it is a great p-dog shooter. I have reworked the Encore trigger down to 1 1/2 lbs, piller bedded the forearm, and had the crown kissed with Brownell's crown repair tool.

It sure does the job for me on then thar p-dogs shooting Winchester 45 gr hps thru it. (from a bench)

Minnesota Dick

one of us
posted Hide Post
hunter966...

Let me put in another vote for the factory 26" heavy barrel in .223 right from T/C. I used this combo with great results on prairie dogs in North Dakota last summer. Actually, it was my favorite among other more expensive competition! Very accurate...

Posts: 120 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote