THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    West Texas Weekend-Predators-1st Badger!-2nd One!!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Texas Weekend-Predators-1st Badger!-2nd One!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
My hunting partner and I headed out to a friend's ranch near Iraan, Texas for some weekend predator calling. I ended up calling in my first badger. We also took 5 grey foxes, 2 rattlesnakes, a bobcat, and 2 raccoons. We did call up a red fox, but he never gave us a shot.

Here is my badger.

One of my foxes.

This is what is left of a coiled rattler after being introduced to a load of Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
One of my partners foxes.

One of my raccoons.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Looks like you guys had a great time -- well, with the exception of the rattlers!

I was actually going through my gear bags last night and wishing it would already cool off. (I just don't do well in the heat.)

I even loaded up some ammo.

Congrats on the critters, Bob. I'm hoping to see another picture from you once that badger gets back from the taxidermist.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Bobby........Mr. Badger is going to Bob Wilkins at Wildlife Artistry in Cameron, TX tomorrow morning to do a full body mount.

Bob

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That's great! A badger is a real trophy for us folks here closer to the center of TX. Once in a great while, there's a badger taken a bit south of here (Cuero-Goliad areas), but it's certainly not an everyday occurence.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob,

You two guys had a great weekend!!
Good calling and great shooting.. Not often you get a Badger.

Don

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable!! My hunting partner stopped at our deer lease near Ozona, Texas last night to do some calling on our way back from our pronghorn hunt in the panhandle. I ended up getting my second called in badger! This one is a female. She is going to be a pedestal mount.

Bob

I almost stepped on this guy........

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Nice badgers, Bob! Have seen a few, but never called a badger. Just curious, what call did you use?

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
We called this one using Johnny Stewart's "Squealing Bird". The first one was with the JS "Yellow Hammered Woodpecker".

I still can't believe calling in a second one....

Bob

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Nice going, Bob. If you keep up this pace, you'd better put the taxidermist on speed dial... Big Grin

I will be dying my traps this evening or in the morning. My calling gear is ready, too.

Now I'm just waiting on Mother Nature for some cooler temps.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid in Wichita Falls Texas there was a badger that showed up at our semi rural house. Was fighting with next door neighbors dog and ran under the culvert of our driveway. Dad shot him with a 12 guage. Only badger I've seen in Texas. In fact I've only seen one other and that was in Nevada.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Have hunted S. Tx. nearly 60 years now and have only seen 4 badgers best I can recall. Two individuals in northern Starr county and just recently saw a pair in Hidalgo county.

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote