New
Find
Notify
Tools

i'm a failure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
for the last 30 years i've been promising the wife that the real reason i go shooting prairie dogs is to get their fur so that i can have a prairie dog coat made for her Wink . Problem is that there never seems to be much fur left. CRYBABY I guess i'm a failure bewildered , but oh well guess i'll just have to try again BOOM lefty

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's because your an ethical hunter and practice shoot and release!

Posts: 110 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oopswasthatyourdog?
posted Hide Post
start small and have some gloves made....or a g-string! dancing

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
- John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

Posts: 104 | Location: St-Athanase, Quebec, Canada | Registered: 16 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of littlecanoe
posted Hide Post
Failure or no, what were your intentions? If your intentions were to do the right thing you're ok and can erase about half the guilt? Just take a lession from Slick Willie!! LOL

I think that the wifey just knowing that you were thinking about her and that special fur coat will win some points.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to try different rifle and rounds. You could start with a 340 Weatherby 220 Gr bullet, then move down to a 308 Norma Mag 180 Gr bullet. There are a few wild cat rounds that you should try. Or you could start out with a 17 HM2,then work up to the 17 HMR, 17 Fireball, 17 Rem, 204 Ruger, 22LR, 22WMR, 22 Hornet,221 Fireball. Good luck there is one round that I have not listed thats just right ,but you have to try a bunch of rifles ,scopes and bullets to find the right one.

tuck2

Posts: 193 | Location: Nebr Panhandle | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife goes with me ....she knows better. Going this weekend and she will be my spotter and there is no doubt in my mind she knows what is left to work with.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oopswasthatyourdog?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb2706:
My wife goes with me ....she knows better. Going this weekend and she will be my spotter and there is no doubt in my mind she knows what is left to work with.

My wife would yell at them to run! Therefore I never hunt with her. Big Grin

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
- John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

Posts: 104 | Location: St-Athanase, Quebec, Canada | Registered: 16 March 2008Reply With Quote