New
Find
Notify
Tools

i am embarassed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
was gone from the house wednesday morning. got home in time for a neighbor to tell me that an old 3 legged coyote i've been chasing most of the winter was standing in my driveway. holychit- that's worse than having a live crat in the yard.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
If it made it through this winter with three legs you can at least be assured that it ain't dumb. Kind of critter that ends up dying of old age.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did the coyote 'mark' your yard as his???

I shot one old male a few years ago, his left front paw was missing at the wrist, bottom canines were nubs and the upper left canine was broke in half. Yet this guy was in excellent shape.

I had just sat down to start calling, and saw movement about 150yds to my right, and it was this coyote trotting dead away from me. I lined up on him and rolled him at about 180yds.

Posts: 620 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
This is what they look like when they "run" out of luck. Ole griz had the stump healed over. Gotta give a critter credit when they can survive hopping around.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They have lots of coyotes in NY including the 75 pounders. The season has just closed. It should be open all year there are so many of them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother and I were call in Ks five years ago. Called in a group of three. He killed one of them that looked exactly like this one. The stump was completely healed and the coyote seemed normal and healthy.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i did shoot one a few years back about a mile from the house that had one foot chopped off by a trap. but now a neighbor has fenced off a few acres and put in a bunch of goats. coyote bait on the hoof Big Grin flame clap

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote