Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 204 Accuracy?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
Anyone bought one of the 204 Ruger Kimber varmint rifles?

Cabela's has a couple of lamtinate stocked beauties, was thinking it would be a nice rifle.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had the walnut varmit kimber in 204 - most accurate factory rifle i have ever owned - the only cartridge i havent handload for - it loved 40grn Hornady loads - i shot 5 into under half an inch outside to outside at 135 yards - strange distance i know but had to shoot from one side of a river to the other.
Hope this helps
Murray

Posts: 28 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My walnut stocked Varmint 204 is very accurate,shoots in the 2's and 3's when I do my part. Likes 39 Sierra and Varget. Had a great time with it and a 6-18 Leupold in WY this year.
Larry

Posts: 375 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
I have the same model as muzr257 and ChiefR53. Mine shoots extremely well! I load 32 grain blitz kings. It’s very accurate. Mine shoots 5 to 10 shot groups between .3 and .5. If I am doing my part it is closer to the .3 size. My two kid’s chew PD's up with it and it stops a coyote in its tracks! The shock energy is great. The longest shot I have made on a coyote was 120 yards. I need to add to this post that for me the balance of the Kimber rifle is great! Both mounted to shoot and to carry.

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Kimber Long Master Classic in 223 Remington cartridge. It is one fine rifle. I think I gave $900 for it a few years back. It was a litle more than a Remington or a Savage. I will not get into an argument about which is the most accurate. But I would not trade my Kimber for two of the others. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote