Find
Notify
Tools

First Ever Double!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted
Went out yesterday in the gale force winds up here in Manitoba for my first calling session of the season. Turns out yesterday was a good day to get out, managed to call in 6 on the first stand within the first 20 minutes....these two didn't make it...

Rifle: Rem 700 SPS 22-250 Boyds FW thumbhole stock
Optics: Burris FFII 4.5-14x42 w Bal Plex Reticle
Load: 50 gr Berger match over 41 gr H380 WW Brass WLR Primer

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Congrats, especially in that wind!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dammmit Man!! Y'all got a coyote problem up there!!! 6 in 20 minutes on the first stand? Good shootin and carry on!!!! I'd like to have that kind of oppurtunities in a groundhog field musch less having to try to "call" the vermin!! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groundhog devastation:
Dammmit Man!! Y'all got a coyote problem up there!!! 6 in 20 minutes on the first stand? Good shootin and carry on!!!! I'd like to have that kind of oppurtunities in a groundhog field musch less having to try to "call" the vermin!! GHD

Funny you should mention...they are pretty thick around up here, the MB gov't is considering opening up a year round season on both coyotes and wolves. Which means I could shoot as many as I want with my $5 trappers license. It's gonna be a good winter...can't wait to get my 6ai put together, then the fun'll really start!

Thanks for the kind words!
CK82

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the 2x, CoyoteKiller!

btw... I saw a nice big Coyote last Saturday AM while bow hunting for deer.

He was a bit out of range, but it was fun to aim over and "hurl a stick" at him anyway.

Turns out that a 3" vine happened to be part of the trajectory arc... otherwise, the shot was actually a lot closer to what I thought it would be.

archer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the double. It sounds like you are in Coyote Heaven if you called in 6 in 20 minutes.

I too connected on my first double this year. Yes it is a RUSH.

Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDHandgunner:
Congrats on the double. It sounds like you are in Coyote Heaven if you called in 6 in 20 minutes.

I too connected on my first double this year. Yes it is a RUSH.

Larry

I guess you could call it "Coyote Heaven" Had at least 4 or 5 barking and howling last night at last light right beside the barn as I was butchering my Muzzle Loader Doe....they were so close I figured they wanted in on the meat! I'm off tomorrow so hopefully I can connect on another song dog or two!

posted Hide Post
Well done! Where abouts in MB are you?

Posts: 10 | Location: cave creek,AZ | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of keithv35
posted Hide Post
Nice Job!

Their hides look great already too!

Posts: 350 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joshnaz:
Well done! Where abouts in MB are you?

An hour north of the US border about 1/2 an hr drive west of the middle of the province. Carberry to be exact.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Nice! I had a double a month ago, but it didn't include any setting up. I was deer hunting, and I had 3 dogs all lined up. The 3rd dog steped out of the way just as I pulled the trigger on my 7 mag. The 160gr NP went right thru 2 just fine.

Posts: 53 | Location: Bothell, Wa. | Registered: 03 December 2005Reply With Quote