New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simmons Prohunter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any of you have experience with the Simmons Prohunter 6-18x40 AO? I just picked one up with sone other items with the intention of using it on a 22-250, or 257 Roberts. Is it worth keeping and using. I only have experience with Leupolds but don't really have time to waste if it is a dog.
Thanks for the help.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How much time will you waste putting it on a gun and trying it out? I have never owned a Simmons scope but if the price was right, I'd buy one today and give it a try. Hell, I've even owned a BSA. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
<cobra>
posted
Put one on a Swift with the intention of upgrading it, 7 years later it's still there. It does everthing I need from it and I understand what the combo can do. Are there better scopes out there, sure and I have some, but of the lower priced scopes on the market I believe they are the best.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cobra. I put it on the 257 for a shooting session this week.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote