New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: VarmintGuy Is A Wimp!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Seafire: Thanks for the tip on the replacement stock people it is in my favorites now and I will confer with my neighbor regarding this decision.

Mt Al: Sound of truth! Thats a good one! And there is "truth" to it! Good for you on finding and "using" the new spot! Yeah not much to do around Whitehall other than Hunt Whitetails, pick up sheds and Hunt Gophers! Keep that 223 handy!

Docd223: Prairie Maggots! Thats a good one and aptly describes what the little buggers will do if left unchecked!
I have heard domestic sheep called "land maggots" quite often around these parts (SW Montana).

Damn I am stuck home today waiting for the the phone repairman, AGAIN! It is gray out but the wind is very calm and its cool but not cold. I should be out today puttin the whack (sound of truth!) on them! Tomorrow for sure!

Thanks all.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
prairie maggot < !--color-->

Posts: 8 | Location: florida,usa | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey VarmintGuy!

Up here in Helena some of us call them "ground grizzlies"
as it seems one must defend his space from certain attackSmiler

Usually this refers to the Columbian variety as opposed to
the Richardson. Last several weeks we have been hitting fields near Three Forks, shooting hundreds per day. Last week a friend from Libby and I fired well over 2000 rounds of .22 LR and .17 HMR. We had golden eagle, hawks and ravens following my varmint mobile(suburban) around. I blew out my knee so am shooting more this week. I usually have to rest one day between outings to rest weary fingers from clip loading. BTW, Walmart is stocking Winchester .22hp,
they have large cavity like the Power Point but without plating the bullet. $7.98/500. Very similar performance when I run out othe PP's. Also, have you had a chance to
get permission to shoot on the old Bishop place. It was literally infested when last I was down, also killed a monster badger there. That is a story to save for face to face. I'd like to come down that way and visit my aunt Dianne and maybe hookup and shoot with you. I don't own any
Leupold glass but I'm sure you won't judge me save for my shooting.LOL

later
Tony

Posts: 6 | Location: Helena, MT | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote