New
Find
Notify
Tools

coyote hunting with a 515!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I found a new way to hunt coy dogs today. I was coming up over a hill in my 515, wait I gues I should let you know what a 515 is. It's a log skidder made by Caterpillar. Anyway I had just gotten to the top of a lil hill when I see yote in the trail in front of me. I stop (not turnig off the machine) lean out the door and give a couple quick calls. The dumb thing actualy came closer. It got to about fifteen feet and decided that was close enough. I put the skidder in high gear and gave'er the go juice. The coyote took off in a straight away run, it was downhill for me so I was really pickin up speed, the yote turned to the right then cut back to the left, that was almost its downfall. I lost site of it when it cut back to the left, it couldnt have been 5ft from the tires. But alas it made it out unscathed, jumped the property line and never looked back.
I was laughing so hard I almost forgot I actualy had work to do. A good end to a long day it was.
Anthony

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
If you'd gotten it, you could've had it full-mounted with the tire tracks on it. That'd be a REAL trophy!

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think there would have been much left to mount. the skidder is chained up all the way around. woulda been a good mess though

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote