Find
Notify
Tools

Good Shot, or Bad Luck?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well this is too funny to make up....
and I wish I knew it was going to happen, as I would of loved to capture it on film to share with you guys...but clarvoyent I am not..

My 12 year old son is taking Golf lessons on Monday afternoon, after school... with one of the coaches from his school...It is open to all the students.. and about 20 signed up for it..

They need adult help so I go out with him.. although I barely know which end of the golf club to hold...

The coach was starting the boys out on the driving range the other day, to allow some people to finish on the course..

out about 100 to 150 yds, there were a batch of ground squirrels running around... not a lot of them, but enough to notice them... the kids are not squirrel shooters, so they don't really notice them at all...

My son is just learning golf, so I was watching him and trying to get him to do what the coach had told him.. the kid next to him was definitely experienced and showed my son what to do correctly..

Any way this kid shows him the proper holding and swinging technique.. and then drives a ball about chest high, for about a 100 yds...

About 8 of us are watching the ball... and just before it hits the ground, this ground squirrel stands up...

Pow! Dead center hit!

the squirrel goes flying, the ball doesn't even deflect at all...

Once the driving practice is over, we all go out to see the squirrel this kid hit...

Dead as a doornail!

The kid was just proud as can be, getting congratulated by the other kids.. me and one of the other adults were looking at the squirrel and thinking...

Talk about being a looser with the world's worst bad luck.... lol

Rest in peace little fella.. diggin

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sure Elmer Keith would have been proud, being the proponent of large caliber/medium velocity projectiles. Wink

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire have you allready traded some of those rifles for a set of golf clubs??

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love it . clap Keith LOL BOOM Hay I'm a big Keith fan don't take it wrong. salute

Life but a knife edge anyway.Sooner or later the man slips and gets cut.
YOU AIN'T SLIPPED SIR?
How would you know son.
(Streets Of Laredo)

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by owensby:
Seafire have you allready traded some of those rifles for a set of golf clubs??

H E L L BOOM N O !!!!!!!!
lol

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm going golfing tomorrow after work, I'll let you know how I do.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote