THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Just a little bullet comparision.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Just a little bullet comparision.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ray,

Your 25-06 has a much greater frontal area which displaces much more tissue causing much more damage. Your comparing apples to very little oranges(223). Frontal area has as much to do with hydrostatic shock waves as velocity does. Get both and things really start to come apart.

Anyway, if your groups are small and your confident with your rig, thats all that matters. I do know that you could easily add 250-300 fps with no fear of short case life. I get an honest 3450 fps out of my 25-06 and get 6-7 firings, at the 3300 fps level, I'm sure you would easily get 10 firings as long as your using the correct powder.

Good Shooting!!!

Posts: 701 | Location: Fort Shaw, MT | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy Exploding Soda Cans. I did some experminting with some win760 in the 25/06. 52.5gr and crused at 3462 with a standard devation of 1. That is smoking for an 87gr bullet. The recoil was lighter than with IMR 4350 and the group was a hair smaller. (2 five shot groups under .68) I have shot alot of cans in my time but I have never seen one ripped clean in too till now. I know that some calibers will shoot this bullet faster but I think that this setup will rock for varmints. Fifty where can I find an endless supply of groundhogs and coyotes at?

Thanks for talking me into going faster,

Ray

Posts: 187 | Location: USMC | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote