Find
Notify
Tools

257 weatherby magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
does anyone have any loads for this... any weight bullets.... thanx in advance

Posts: 1365 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had good success with:
Reloader 22 powder,
Federal 215 primer
,Nosler 100 Ballistic tip,100 Hornady.
Good luck,

Charlie

Posts: 87 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite load,
Bullet: Nosler 115 grain Ballistic Tip
Powder: IMR4831
Load: 62.0
Primer: Federal GM215Match
Hope this helps you out.

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give the old (If still available) Hornady 90gr HPBT a try, absolutely explosive in my 257 roberts so should really be impressive in a 257 W...

Posts: 45 | Location: Chattanooga, TN USA | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
100gr ballistic tip with h-1000.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have any of you guys put an OAL gauge on your 257? I've got a Mark V that I'm trying to work up some different loads for. Until now, I've been seating the bullets to SAAMI specs. I would like to seat it out further, but heard that the Weatherby's have some long throats to get the speed. Should I bother getting the dummy cartridge that is sold for the Stoney Point gauge or am I wasting my time and money?

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Mainer: get a hold of an old "Weatherby Guide." In it, you can find al sorts of good loads, even a "factory equivalent" using Norma MRP powder. If you email me, I can send you some loads. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jethro,
The Weatherby guide O.A.L is 3.250 inches.
I just load mine so the loaded rounds will fit and feed thru the magazine.In my rifles it was 3.300 inches.
1 inch 3 shot groups where no problem.
Good Luck,
Regards,
Charlie.

Posts: 87 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote