THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Old Dog New Tricks-First Coyote

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Dog New Tricks-First Coyote
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted
I killed my first coyote Sat. It was in Pulaski Co. VA about 75 miles
SW of Roanoke. I had wasted the morning trying to get a clear shot a groundhogs in a field without bales and the grass @8� high. I was sitting in a hooded camo jacket using a shooting stick and watching some holes along a fence row . About 0930 I got bored and scanned to my right and saw an adult male coyote 119 yrd.s out in some summac watching me. When he turned to scent upwind I jerked up the shooting stick out of the ground, stabbed in back in to my right and settled the scope on him. He turned his head back and didn�t like the view. He bolted for cover and got about 10 yards before I popped him in the chest. The .223 Ultramax 50 gr. NBT dropped him like lightening. My cousin lost so many lambs last year to coyotes that he got rid of his sheep. It was a very good day.

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
Near Claytor Lake State Park. I also hunt deer some near Draper but the groundhogs there have been substantially thinned by something.

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote