New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock River Arms---Incredible
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I decided to take the AR plunge not long ago. My wife bought me a Rock River Arms A4 with a few goodies (optioned very much like their new Coyote rifle.)

I finally got it to the range recently, and I got some incredible results. Two three shot groups under 1/3 of an inch. Three groups under 2/3 of an inch. (100 yards using bull bags, 3-shots.)

Black Hills factory (red box) with 60 grain V-max bullets, 0.32".

Alliant 10X seems to be the powder of choice for this rifle. Barnes 53 gr TSX 1.26", 0.66. Seirra 53 gr Match 0.52", 0.46". Hornady 55gr V-Max 0.30".

Needless to say, I am impressed.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, I may even be a bit jealous! Wink Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Aaron, After my first Pdog trip I knew that the ultimate colony varmint rifle was the AR platform in a "varmint" configuration. My choice was the Colt Accurized Rifle Model CR 6724. Accuracy like you mention was not hard to achieve with quality reloads, and field use proved to be better than expected. Enjoy the condition known as BRD, you have it now!

BRD = Black Rifle Disease

beer

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
I have the 24" bull barrel version, and love it! Easily shoots under 3/4", and might be capable of more (except that I might not be!).

Got it about six months before my wedding, using a surprise bonus from my boss. Didn't please the bride that much, but the priest who was doing our pre marriage stuff took my side!

clap

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a Rock River 20" Bull Barrel complete upper for my new (at least to me) AR. I hope I have the kind of success you did!

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AaroninUtah & Larry: Best of luck to both of you on your new rigs!
I shake my head in disbelief (and envy!) every time I see and hear of these "slam-bangers" shooting so well! I have been doing this for 25 years now.
I have shot along side so many of these semi-auto "BR" Rifles (at the range and in the field!) that I know full well what they are capable of!
Still it amazes me no end of their capbilities!
Good for that!
I have never bought one of these Rifles for my own use but I have bought and sold many of them for profit!
One of these days I will "break-down" and buy one for myself.
Again best of luck and continued success and happiness with your AR's!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote