THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    New to me Barnes 26 gr for 204 Ruger

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me Barnes 26 gr for 204 Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I just saw these new bullets for the first time today at my favorite gun shop. the new Grenade in a 26 gr bullet for the 204. Any you boys down south tried the out yet and if so please feel free to share some loading data.
Thanks FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
FS;

I tried some in the 223... they were finicky to get a load that would shoot well with them.. but finding a load of 21.5 grains of IMR 4198, they gave me a dime sized hole at 100 yds...for 5 shots...

They are finicky, but with the right load they can be tack drivers... and they work pretty darn good so far for me on their explosiveness on the few small rodents I've nailed with them..

Good luck with them...definitely at least worth a try..

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a couple of boxes from the local ma & pa shop. I'm surprised that they were available for us so soon out here in Canada.
I've got some Benchmark, H-4895 and a whole pile of RL-10X for testing. I'm thinking that these powders might be a tad to slow burning for these light weights. Might have to try a quicker burning powder for them.

Savage Vaporizer

Posts: 93 | Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote