Find
Notify
Tools

dinner bell
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Rabbit pellets everywhere but no bunnies to be found. If my luck doesn't change soon I will be eating bugs for lunch. At least with the snow melting off there are some bugs. Food got pretty sparse last month when the
snow was two foot deep. It took a lot of work to dig a jackrabbit out of an ice incrusted pile of debris. After those humans moved there were no cats to eat and no cat food either. That was some easy pickens then. The bad part was the old human shooting at me. What did he have against coyotes anyway. I'd eat a cat then the smaller yappy human would go get the big human and I knew it was time to disappear in the sagebrush. It was
good to find some freshly killed rockchuck across the meadow from the thunder buildings yesterday. Humans were
only there once in a while and it thundered whenever they were there. They never left any food or cats behind.
Not like the other humans in the smaller buildings.

I guess I'll go up the old creek bed and look for cottontails in the rocks. Hard to find unless some hawk has one down then they scream loudly before they die. Sort of like a dinner bell since the hawks do the killing and then leave the bunny when you approach. No luck so far but my gut is empty so I'll keep looking. Well there's the dinner bell, I can hear a bunny screaming now up the creek aways. Time to find the hawk or bunny. Better do it on the run, my brothers may hear it also and they don't share well. There, down by that brush
pile is the bunny. Soon my hunger will be over. Not far now. No hawk at the bunny but who needs competition. Now to sink my canines into that warm tasty flesh. Wait, this bunny is cold and tastes like nothing. I'm confused and I don't like this surprise. Time to go elsewhere. I'll head up into those trees to hunt for
a squirrel. With everything being damp I'll be able to sneak up on a bushytail a lot easier. Around that bush and I'll be in the trees. Weird bush, its moving and there is no wind.

The bush moved again as a limb came into position and belched fire, lots of fire which reached the coyote and ended its search for dinner. Yep, a weird bush, an old elk bush with an AR15 limb.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
beerVery entertaining! animalroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will be writing a collection of these, right?

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I can if folks like them. I am writing an unrelated book and they are good "exercise".
When an idea comes to mind I just start writing and don't stop until I am done.
Only takes a couple minutes.

Some "idea kernels" from you guys would speed up the process. An example would be
"How to feed DD's gator", "Fox in the hen house", "wolverine and the bear". I could take
ideas from your postings here, and if I do I will credit the original poster for the idea kernel.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Keep 'em coming!

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote