THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Snuck Over To New Mexico Sunday

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snuck Over To New Mexico Sunday
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
I have been working in El Paso, Texas for several weeks. Yesterday, I finally got a chance to slip over the border to New Mexico and made a few stands. I was calling outsite La Union, New Mexico on BLM land. This area is sand dunes so I took my shotgun. I made three stands and called in and shot one coyote. I used my Burnham Brothers CompuCaller III playing the Cottontail Duet. I stopped hunting shortly after sunup when the winds picked up and a Border Patrol plane started buzzing and circling me.

Bob

I had my celebratory cigar on the way back to Texas.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo Bob,

Waidmannsheil!

As usual, good story, good pics - hope you enjoyed your cigar!

Have a Nice Day.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Solid work. Glad you got out there before it turns hotter than the hinges of hell.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob in TX:
I have been working in El Paso, Texas for several weeks. Yesterday, I finally got a chance to slip over the border to New Mexico and made a few stands. I was calling outsite La Union, New Mexico on BLM land. This area is sand dunes so I took my shotgun. I made three stands and called in and shot one coyote. I used my Burnham Brothers CompuCaller III playing the Cottontail Duet. I stopped hunting shortly after sunup when the winds picked up and a Border Patrol plane started buzzing and circling me.

Bob

I had my celebratory cigar on the way back to Texas.

Kudos on the kill!! tu2 tu2

U look great mit that Cigar!!! clap

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
This may be why the Border Patrol plane was so interested in me. This occured due west from where I was calling:

Sunday, March 28, 2010 10:48 AM
Subject: Tragic News

Rob Krentz, Apache, Arizona, was killed sometime yesterday, apparently by illegals on his ranch. He was checking cattle on his 4-wheeler. He radioed home that he had come across some Mexicans, one of them in need of care. He requested that his brother contact the Border Patrol to send assistance. That was the last that was heard from him. When he didn’t come home around noon, the family began looking for him. He was found by helicopter in the middle of the night. Both he and his dog had been shot.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
This may be why the Border Patrol plane was so interested in me. This occured due west from where I was calling:

Rob Krentz, Apache, Arizona, was killed sometime yesterday, apparently by illegals on his ranch. He was checking cattle on his 4-wheeler. He radioed home that he had come across some Mexicans, one of them in need of care. He requested that his brother contact the Border Patrol to send assistance. That was the last that was heard from him. When he didn’t come home around noon, the family began looking for him. He was found by helicopter in the middle of the night. Both he and his dog had been shot.

And to think he was trying to see if they needed help.....

Good job on the 'yote by the way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bob, Folks tell me this guy was salt of the earth good guy. This BS is not right! I like your coyote kill, two buddys of mine, first hunt with an electronic caller had a coyote come running in the back door, both guys had .22-250's but agreed next trip one would have a 12 ga loaded with #2's. I too love a good cigar, got a part box of '94 punch Chateau L double Maduro that is KILLER. my favorite is Bauza casa grande and Cuba Aliados colorado #4 . we will have to swap a stick or 2 some day. I drive out to Hungerford TX every so many years to buy Brahman bulls from the J D Hudgins family.

Posts: 129 | Location: SW GA | Registered: 01 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Just give me a heads up when you are heading this way..............

Bob