Notify
Tools

E-Calling Coons?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted
This is something I really want to get into, but there isn't
much information about it that can be found.

For those of you who have had success in e-calling coons,
what methods do you use? What sounds are most effective?
Which decoy is most productive?

Our independence is dying.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've called in some while coyote/fox huning. They've come in to rabbit distress calls. Always at night and they've always climbed a tree to see what the noise was. You can probably find a recording of a coon fight or coon pups on varmintals.com.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've actually called in racoons with a bulb type mouse squeaker by accident when I was trying to squeak in a Coyote. Don't know if it would work on purpose or not.

Larry

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Raccoon Fight and Coon Puppies/Coon Babies Distress sounds. Burnham Brothers, FOXPRO, Johnny Stewart, and Minaska all have excellent sounds. As stated above, coons will come to most distress calls, but the targeted coon sounds work best. A hand "coon squaller" works well too.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Play sounds of a bunch of hounds barking incessantly and then shine the light up in the trees to see if you can see eyes!!! Probably should do this 2 or 3 miles back in the woods after hiking there and falling in swamps, tripping over branches/barbed wire fences, other assorted hindrancies and conumdrums and then only use a 22 loaded with shorts to bring the game to the ground!! Then walk back to the truck!! (MEANT TO BE FUNNY FOLKS!! Please don't take offense!!) rotflmoGHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote