Find
Notify
Tools

Troll warning
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
I might be wrong, but after viewing posts by a new member named nevadarice (registered a few days ago), something seems amiss.

He goes from killing 46 coyotes in a night and "averaging" 25 coyotes per night to not knowing anything about electronic callers to "i am new to varmint hunting" along with wanting to kill in massive numbers. And then the poster tried to ellicit gore with the "...pour the guts out of his mouth..." statement.

Sounds like a PETA troll to me. Perhaps I am wrong.

Time will tell...

Here are some of his/her postings:

"we kill have killed up to 46 in one night we avarage around 25 a night but we only go out about 3 maybe four times a year but when we do go we mean bussiness. I rember as a little kid that my dad would come home after a weekend with a truck bed full of fur. My dad would make a living hunting coyotes during the winter when construction work was slow I just do it now as a hobby its alot of fun but have still to this day ran in to any body who can kill coyote like the two of us. Its not hard it just finding the system that will work my dad found it out and it works

well the sate i hunt is nevada but you can do these kinda numbers allmost any where there is lots of open land where you can hunt for coyotes

new to varmit hunting just wondering what time of the year is best to shoot them and is there anything else you can shot alot of in one day
im a farmer so i have more time to go shoot from dec to march it dose n ot matter weher i will travel

so you can shoot the little guys all summer long it sounds like, do you have many in Utah or do you have to go out of state

Dose any one know of a game call that has good sound and that can be turned on and will keep playing with out turning off i need it to play for about a hour straight I was hoping to be around the 50 to 80 dollars scince i need 10 of them I cant afford a foxpro or one of the hight end callers

all time best coyote bullet is the seirra 1410 a .224 52 grain hp bt with a 220 swift one hole and you pick the coyote up by the back legs and pour his guts out his mouth "

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I guess you dont like me after all I am the real deal I guess you are just a little jealos no big deal to me

posted Hide Post
Hay bob just because Im new to varmit hunting dose not mean that i can not be a expert at hunting perditors just relax dont get you panties in a bunch

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Troll/wannabe.....whatever.

I have hunted coyotes for a long time. I know many of the top "name" predators callers in the country and have hunted with a lot of them. I am pretty fair myself. I do not know anyone that "averages" 25 coyotes a night. That is absurd. I also don't know anyone that has called in and taken 46 coyotes in one night, especially a new caller.

My guess is that you are young and got your foot stuck in your mouth. You are not impressing anyone by making exaggerated and unrealistic claims.

Back off, take a deep breath, and start over.

Oh, and by the way, I can guarantee that Bobby T. is not jealous of you. He is the real deal.

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob in TX:

My guess is that you are young and got your foot stuck in your mouth. You are not impressing anyone by making exaggerated and unrealistic claims.

My guess (judging by his writing skills) is that he escaped from HuntingNet and is 12 year old and never been hunting.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Bob in TX- Thanks for the kind words, buddy. I appreciate it. Your varmint calling prowess is well-known and respected, and I see that you, too, can smell a skunk.

You know, I have been at this a while as well and have talked to a lot of knowledgable folks along the way.

My absolute best trapping season was in the late 80s when I totaled 88 coyotes. At that time in TX, trapping season ran 2 months.

I called and trapped and took most of those (probably 70 of the 88) during a 2-week span when I did little other than trap, skin and call -- and slept maybe 2 to 3 hours per night.

I know I could never, ever duplicate the numbers of that year. I was young, in great physical shape and hunting some of the best coyote country in the south central TX area.

But I NEVER took 25 on any given night and certainly couldn't average ANYTHING near that.

That's been a few years ago, but I think my best day during that span was something like 8 'yotes. And considering that my trapline spanned several miles through some prime terrain and that my calling was in some areas heavily-populated by coyotes, those numbers aren't all that impressive. But those numbers came as the result of some serious effort -- and yet those numbers only calculate to 5 a day.

But as to averaging 25 per night, I have to agree with Bob's assessment in that it is absolutely unrealistic and absurd.

PS-Bob, any word or projected date on those badger mounts? I can't wait to see some photos of them.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he has his coyote hunting mixed up with Pdog hunting. Yeah yeah that's it, surrrre, wink wink. lol Sorry couldn't resist

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
.....they should be ready in time for my birthday in March. I can't wait...one full body and one pedestal mount.

B-23....that's funny!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I average 42 coyotes a night. In a good dream, uh, I mean, night, I might shoot 50 or more. jumping

Posts: 247 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob in TX:

I have hunted coyotes for a long time. I know many of the top "name" predators callers in the country and have hunted with a lot of them. I am pretty fair myself. I do not know anyone that "averages" 25 coyotes a night. That is absurd. I also don't know anyone that has called in and taken 46 coyotes in one night, especially a new caller.

Oh, and by the way, I can guarantee that Bobby T. is not jealous of you. He is the real deal.

Good Hunting,

Bob
As always Bob, very eloquently put.

---Mike

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote