New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just starting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking at getting into calling for 'yotes. I'm looking for advice on calls and equipment. Been looking at electronic calls but are they really the "real deal". I went for fox once with my uncle and used a Lohman cassette. It worked good on two set-ups. A friend uses hand and mouth calls and does well. I'm thinking I may be better served buying a few good mouth calls instead of spending $100-$200 on an electronic. Thanks.

Posts: 136 | Location: PA | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi ScottinPa

I went to a Mart store years ago and bought a Primos Regulator No # 10 for around 10.00$ or 15.00$ bucks It came with a cassette tape. I practiced with it and listened to the tape over and over. I drove my Wife crazy. I went out to a friends property out in the country and within five minutes shot my first coyote ! It�s a small investment and it worked. Be carful though. Many predators will circle around on you and you will never see them. They are like ducks coming over head. Any movement and if they see you, they are gone!

Set up so that you get a good shot. Another thing to have on as well is scent blocker and Camo Clothing. Most Vermin will only come in so far. If he is within range, slip him a pill fast. They are quick.

http://www.primos.com/

Have fun and let us know how you did.

30-30 Man