New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 25 WSSM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Go with the .25 WSSM and don't worry about what others say or think. Sure it's new but it's selling well and showing it's efficiency and accuracy. Forget the 6mm Remington. Remington only offers it in one rifle, the Model 700 VLS, down from four or so just a few years ago. Sales keep dropping and the bean counters at Remington will drop the 6mm just like they have down many other caliber�s. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GHD, I would have thought the 1-9 would not have stabilized the 107's but then again I don't have a .243 cal anymore. You said what I have been thinking for a long time about the 25 WSSM why make a micro when they could have had a real winner necking down the 270 WSM or they could have really done a good thing and necked and made a 6.5 WSM now that would have been something to crow about!
Fella's I'm sure this will start a stink but hey it's my opinion so take it for what it's worth, The big rifle manufactures are coming out with new rounds to have everyone think that they have to have the newest and best rifles out there and some may think so but tell me if all you do is buy factory loads are the short mags that much better than the good ol' calibers they are to replace? from what I have seen it looks like the bean counters have had there way with the public and people have flooded to buy the new calibers which is ok with me cause I like the good ol' rifles that people are selling to afford the new supossed to be better short mags and super short mags. Now I don't have anything against the new rounds! but I'm sorry I just can;t make myself jump on the wagon with the rest of the sheep kinda like the 17 HMR I just don't know why besides the fact that it's new to most people. Don't forget fella's these are just my opinions so don't take what I said personal Later,

Kirk

Posts: 166 | Location: Right in the middle of Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I can pretty much duplicate the .25 WSSM velocities in my .257 Roberts and it is very effective. I also have a .25-06 that I got just recently and although I've been focused on deer type bullets it's impressive out to 500 yards. Thats as far as I've been able to shoot it though.

After shooting a quarterbore the 6mm's seem lacking.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I�m thinking about getting a Winchester Model 70 in 25 WSSM.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried this yet, I have always shot a .22-250 with a 55 gr and need somthing that copes wind better.

Posts: 16 | Location: iceland | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you need a better wind bucker and want a 25 caliber, get a 25-06!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote