THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Western Pa & Northeast Ohio Coyote Hunting

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Western Pa & Northeast Ohio Coyote Hunting
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone having any luck calling in coyotes. I've had very poor luck since the holidays & wondering if it's my calling or others are having similar results.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jefferson Co., PA here..

I dont call, rather I just sit and watch known areas.

I've seen about a dozen or so, have yet to pop one. One of the yotes I saw appeared to be mutated or mixed with something other then coyote. It wasn't a good shot by any means to cull it from spreading bad genes or polluting the stock with domestic dog blood(appeared somewhat german shepardish).

If you have to track your animal, you aren't using a big enuff gun.

Posts: 31 | Location: Brookville, PA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knight,
our farm is near you, in Ringgold. I have only seen one coyote, that was 10 years ago. I have heard that coyote kill off the foxes, and we are infested with red foxes. I don't know if its true.
I have had none respond to calling, but thats a reflection of my technique.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
I heavily hunted the north eastern Ohio area as a boy and teen ager during the 40s and 50s. When did the coyotes arrive? Never even heard of any in that area. bewilderedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have'nt had good luck calling, the few times I've tried. Better luck popping them while groundhog hunt'n. I'm 30 miles west of Cleveland.