New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Bipod???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am sure this has been talked about before, but what bipods do you use? I am looking into buying a couple and am stuck between Harris, caldwell, and shooters ridge. I will be shooting off of bench primarily so I don't need the tilt function. I guess i'm asking is what out of those three brands is your favorite and why?
Thanks
Anthony

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite was the Harris. But recently their patent expired and now Outers is building the same bipod for half the price. So now my favorite is Outers.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have just fitted a Harris BR Bipod to my Ruger Mark II VT which I usually shoot of a bench. I have found it to be very sturdy and have been able to get .5 inch groups without a problem. It is the most popular Bipod sold in Oz.

Aussie Frank

In Sunny Queensland

Posts: 53 | Location: Bundaberg,Queensland , Australia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used Harris bipods for years without a single problem. I recently shot a couple of sub half-minute groups off one at 481 lasered yards. They work for me.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

My favorite was the Harris. But recently their patent expired and now Outers is building the same bipod for half the price. So now my favorite is Outers.

Any pointers, webpages, URLs, links??
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, are these the ones??

Shooters Ridge Bipods

Has anybody used any of these?? How do they compare quality wise to the Harris?? Best on-line distributor??

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote