Find
Notify
Tools

Jewell Triger Adjustment?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted
I have a Jewell trigger on my Rem 22-250 planning on getting one for my Rem 300WM the directions are kind of vague. Does anyone know just what to do to change the trigger pull weight? I know it has something to do with the springs but....

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swede...

All adjustments can be performed by means of the allen screws (should be three). The screw at the upper center of the trigger shoe itself is the one for pull force (weight)...the other two going towards the front of the trigger group assembly should be overtravel and sear engagement, respectively (from the trigger moving towards the farther end of the unit).

I have found that I really don't need to touch anything but the pull force screw (e.g. if I want to set a slightly higher pull weight than 1 lb. for hunting purposes) -- they come from the factory leaving little to be desired!

Posts: 120 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swede,
Clockwish gives you heavier pull and, of course, counter clockwise gives a lighter pull...I know you will enjoy it....
George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote