New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single Shot Insert
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for an insert that I can install that will allow me to load one round at a time. I have a M77 .22 Hornet my reloads will not fit the magazine, ( too long ), so I'm looking for a a device that will allow me to load the cartridge on and then chamber. Anyone help? Thanks, smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=SHACTMFSH&type=store
Sinclair's has it, just scroll down to identify your rifle model......might buy something else as well, they have I believe a flat rate charge for shipping....r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought one for my CZ 527 22 Hornet. First time out, accuracy was negatively affected. I need to try it again to make sure it wasn't me.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called Sinclair and was told they don't make one for the M77. Guess it's because it has a magazine. Thanks for the thought. smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it really necessary? I don't have any trouble feeding my M77/22H single loads. I just leave the unloaded magazine in place and slide them in through the ejection port. However, I'll admit that it would be a simple device to manufacture as a clip replacement and would make single-feeding faster and less subject to fumbling thumbs. Even a 40 grain V-max or Ballistic Tip is too long for most Hornet magazines to accomodate.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek, you're right about leaving the mag. in place but you have to remove it to eject an unfired round. Have lost one ain't wanting to pay for another....kinda pricey. So I leave the damn thing out. I'm shooting a 42 grain HP Calhoon and it likes to be at, or .005 light of the lands.

--Thomas Jefferson

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stonecreek, you're right about leaving the mag. in place but you have to remove it to eject an unfired round.

Never heard of that problem. My 77/22H is a little lazy about ejecting, but if you work the bolt a little faster it ejects fine. When bench shooting I usually work the bolt rather slowly so that the empty case simply lays atop the magazine, then pick it up with my fingers to place back in the box (rather than search for it on the ground).

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[quote]"you have to remove it, ( magazine ), to eject an unfired round". Unfired are not a problem.

--Thomas Jefferson