New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC M1999 Mini Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Everyone keeps asking me about the mini action and when they can expect us to produce it. As was stated many moons ago, it will take approximately 500 actions sold for us to get them into production. With that said, anyone who is interested get your name in NOW! It really doesn't cost you a thing. We may ask for a credit #, but that is only to show the powers that be that it is a serious order. The price for any of the Mini actions (R/H, L/H, Chrome Moly or Stainless) is only $350.00. Compare that to $1500.00 + for anything even comparable. If you want us to get them done, give us a call right away and we'll put you on the list. Give us a CC# but you will not be charged whatsoever until we reach the 500 mark and have reconfirmed it with you.

Dan

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Dan, that begs the question: would this mini action be suitable for the WSSM line? Where do we go for more info? I have dreams of a switch barrel rifle: 223WSSM and 338WSSM. TIA, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch: no not the WSSM line of cartridges. This will be a true mini action based around the .223 line of cartridges and if I have my way, around the Hornet size cartridges.

We are looking at creating a action that is specifically designed around the WSSM line. You have to remember that although the WSSM is .223 length it also has a magnum rim diameter. We will (if we go in that direction) call it the Super Short Action. Basically it will be a cut down version of our Short Action.

Dan

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dan. Yes, I agree, the SSM action needs a barrel shank of about 1 1/8th or bigger. Just a little more than the 223 needs.... [Wink]

Will you be offering a PPC bolt face option on the Mini action? Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote