THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: BROTHER ASKING ABOUT A SAVAGE BOLT ACTION

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: BROTHER ASKING ABOUT A SAVAGE BOLT ACTION
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For many years I was a Remington man and still like their rifles made up through the '80s. In recent years I grew tired of having to glass bed, float the barrels and lighten the triggers of every Remington I purchased. It was another $200. added to the cost of the rifle. I now buy used Savages and restock them. They're every bit as accurate as Remington. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I hear alot of good things about savage on these posts but my experience and that of others I know that have them are not happy. A friend bought one this spring in 22-250 and could not group less than 1 1/2 in. This being said all were older models or newer models without the accu-trigger so things may have changed but I am to scared of my previous experience to spend my money on them.

Posts: 23 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 04 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I've yet to see a Savage bolt action centerfire that would not do MOA or better -- and most do well under that mythical MOA mark. I currently have a Savage Model 10 FP in .308 WCF (20" bull barrel) with the Accu-trigger, and five-shot, one-inch groups at 200 yards are the norm with its favored loads. And like most Savages, it digests mosts loads with aplomb.

The Savage rifles with the Accu-Trigger are perhaps the best value for the $$ out there right now.

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lots of good testamonials about the the savage rifles.....thanx again for all the replies.........i'm thinkin he needs to get a .223 savage hunter series rifle and some decent glass to top it with.....thats what i'm going to suggest anyway............

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been a diehard Remington fan for over 35 years, having 8 in the vault right now. Last year a friend of mine decided to get a 22-250 after shooting my 700VS. Being a little straped for cash he setteled on a new savage, it has been nothing less than superb as far as accurate. My next rifle will be a Savage.

Posts: 130 | Location: East central Kansas | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote