New
Find
Notify
Tools

April 2004 V.H. Magazine!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just received the April 2,004 issue of the Varmint Hunters Magazine and as usual it is filled with great stuff and beautiful pictures! Lots of great reading ahead this week it looks like!
I did take the time to read half of an article on 1,000 yard shooting and putting that feat in perspective for Varminters! Included in this article was a picture of the shooter, the group and the Rifle that set a new 1,000 NBRSA record (using a Remington 700 action - of course!) in March of 2,002. The shooter was using a "light Rifle" class rig and the 1,000 yard 5 shot group measured an amazing 1.473"! Unbeleivable!
Anyway a great bunch of articles it looks like in this issue and nifty advertising to boot!
VH Magazine is by far my favorite magazine anymore!
If you don't receive this magazine I highly recommend it to you!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Man, the combination of factors that has to go into a sub 1.5" group at 1,000 yards is amazing! From the skiils at building the gun, loading the ammo, judging the wind and mirage, along with the physical skills of the actual shooting. Plus a whole lot of luck in regards to condotions staying the constant shot to shot. It's an incredible feat!

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote