New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbeginner
 Login/Join

Picture of sledneck
posted
Pardon my english (i am from Sweden).I have purshased an Tikka T3 super varmint in 22-250.I am wondering what you think about the caliber and perfomence

Posts: 7 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. Every post ought to have at least a couple of replies.

I've shot a 22-250 for 30 years---It's a bit loud but a very accurate round. You'll enjoy it. The round is easy to reload with HPs and BTs bullets working well on varmints. Heavier constructed bullets will take deer with good shots. Don't think I'd go after Swedish Moose with it.

Surely hope to get back to Sweden someday. My wife and I felt right a home and safe on the streets. We went from Stockholm up through Ostersund and then over through the mountains to Tondheim in Norway.

Posts: 139 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 22.250 is a great choice for varmints. It has good range potential and packs a good punch on prarie dogs and such with HP and BT bullets. I love mine for plinking and paper punching as well!

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Good choice for varmints. Some states in the US allow its use for deer, but it has always seemed a little light to me. Just my opinion.
Loved Sweden when I went there to pick up my Saab 900 Turbo!

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
Good cal good rifle, maybe a bit heavy for roedeer hunting unless youre in a tree stand!
My Tikka T3 lite 300 win mag will come with me to Sweden this fall for moose(elk), wildboar and roedeer hunting!

Was in last november hunting in Sweden both in Gotland and the Kalmar area close to Högsby And love it!

Regards Ben
Iceland

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
22-250 is what I pull out when I want to have a little reach and not worried about how the critter is going to look when I'm done; prairie dogs and ground squirrels. If I want the pelt I usaully take the 222 which doesn't damge the fox or coyote as bad as the 22-250 seems to. I suppose could just be bullet choice also but once you have your pet loads.....

Posts: 107 | Location: California High Desert | Registered: 08 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've always been a big fan of the .22-250. I have one built on a Savage 110 action with a Hart SS 26" varmint barrel that is a real tack driver. I've heard only good things about the Tikka you mentioned. They're made in the Sako factory, and those people turn out some terrific rifles. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't trade my 22-250 for any other caliber rifle.