New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Montana ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for a 223 bolt action sporter, stainless/composite. The Kimber Montana seems to fit my needs ,how is the trigger and accuracy ? Any other suggestions ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's here !! dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like you have had the rifle for a few weeks, what do you think of it? I had one in .243 that I used for marmots. It was deadly accurate and great to carry on above timberline hunts. I sold it to fund another Cooper.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had a chance to 'break it in ' [neutralize a woodchuck] yet ! The trigger was 3.5 lbs so I dropped it to 2.25 and I'm working on ammo that it likes best.
A nice trigger even with factory setting though the 'lawyer' part is there as they say adjustable trigger then say don't touch send it back to Kimber for adjustment !!
I had just adjusted two Rem 700s for a friend which had lawyer triggers of 6 lbs ! What a difference to him when he tried the 2.5 lb triggers .

one of us
posted Hide Post
I adjusted the triggers on all 3 of the kimbers I have had, and they were nice triggers. I had to do a lot of load work on my .243 to find the accuracy I wanted. I finally found a load pushing 58 gr. V-Max's at 3800fps with 5/8" accuracy. I used that rifle to make the longest shots I have ever made; two marmots off the same rock at 562 yds. I had a .300 wsm as well and with very little effort it shot 3/4" groups with 168 gr. tsx's. I have sold both of those rifles, and they are two I wish I had kept.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote