New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 223 load results and pic
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
WOW!!! That is one fine group and that stock on your rifle is really nice too. I think you have found your "magic" load for that rifle. Now, get out there and "kill" something

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I think I may have found a new load for my CZ 527 Custom. Do you think I should keep chasing this, or give up in disgust right now?? This was shot from sandbags at a measured 100 yards. I'll bet its the sand bags that are the problem.
Here is a picture of the little sweetheart. Notice one of Ann's "targets" in the rear of the photo.

Later, pdhntr

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
Silverfox,

I actually have killed a fair amount of pds with it in the short time I have had it. Its got just over 200 confirmed kills with the previous load. I found this load in preparation for the last trip I made out your way. On this last trip with this new load it was nothing short of fantastic. 172 kills for 185 rounds fired, (from the window, its primary use).

BTW I used to do some varmint hunting in what I think might be your back (front?) yard. Do you know anything about Poker Jim??

Later, Pdhntr

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, I like it!