Tools

Watch the varmit go splat!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 176 | Location: the rock | Registered: 18 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a quite amazing sequence, but why would you lift it from www.dogbegone.com without attribution? Or has www.dogbegone.com lifted it from some other place without attribution?

[ 07-25-2003, 23:06: Message edited by: Stonecreek ]

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never seen dogbegone before. Found here:

web page

scroll down a little ways

BTW, dogbegone has some good video clips also

[ 07-26-2003, 00:23: Message edited by: redsplatter ]

posted Hide Post
I'am far from a left wing Liberal or an animal rights WACO !! Are the producers of these videos
just greedy? All it takes is some animal rights
group to show one of these videos to say the local
states legislature,how long before all varmit hunting is banned ? Liberal Democrats love the
word banned.I'am a Trap shooter and have a shot at
live bird shoots.These are by invitation only
and are very clandestine.You keep your mouth shut
and you get invited back.So again I ask are the
producers of these videos greedy or just IQ challenged ?

Posts: 9 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 02 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brudford,
While I cannot speak for the producers, I see no reason we should hide what we enjoy doing. Hiding our lifestyle is not going to improve anything, nor get us closer to being able to pursue Life, Liberty and Happiness as we are "guaranteed". Keep hiding from the fights and we may as well just give it up. JMO

Posts: 117 | Location: Newark, Oh, USA | Registered: 14 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi there - I'm one of the producers of the film - thanks for the kind words.

Thank you m1rage - yes that is our feeling also. We have heard from many hunters that we are being irresponsible by putting this footage out there and we are just profiting off something that will help end varmint hunting.

Personally I was shocked to get these emails. I couldn't believe that people thought it was a good idea to stifle our free speech (people have asked us to remove the tape) and hide from the anti-gun movement. It's like they've gotten their priorities scrambled! Hiding means they won. It's like not traveling and giving in to the terrorists.

If you live in the area, you know p-dogs are a huge problem, they are exterminated many different ways, but shooting them is by far the safest and most humane way (would you like the poison they use winding up in your beef?).

I'm also amazed that someone who doesn't understand that just runs off at the mouth and call us greedy or stupid. The is probably the first sign of ignorance.

It seems the uncredited images have been removed from that site.

Again, thanks for the comments, we appreciate them, good or bad.

Since we don't advertise here, I won't go in to anything related to promoting the film.

<off soapbox>

[ 08-08-2003, 02:47: Message edited by: DogBeGone ]

Posts: 10 | Location: NY, USA | Registered: 06 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DogBeGone, I did not "steal" the animation, nor was it "my site". I provided a link to another forum where the animation was being used. As I stated, I had never heard of dogbegone.com before the next member provided a link to your site. I was not attempting to take credit for it. Just thought it was kinda cool, and letting others see it. It appears the original person using it has removed it. Had I seen it at your site, I would have linked it to there or do you see that as a problem also. Not trying to be a butthole or anything, just curious.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, my misunderstanding, I thought that was your site.
Please accept my apologies.

Glad you thought the clips were good. We have no problem with people linking to our site, or even using our images on their site as long as it says where it came from. Just a little credit is all we ask for.

one of us
posted Hide Post
DogBeGone, no need to apologize. Just that when I linked to the animation, there was nothing there about your site. If I can scrape up the money, I'm going to order me a video. Looks to be very good and entertaining. Probably will not be able to stop laughing, as I enjoy stuff like that. Keep up the good filming and keep more vids on the way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed watching dogbegone. I also shooting
p dogs myself. Keep the videos coming.

Posts: 351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WHAT I AM AMAZED AT IS THE HYDRALICS INVOLVED IN GETTING A CRITTER TO FLY AND FLIP LIKE THAT.

one of us
posted Hide Post
m1rage:
You are correct: we should not hide what we like to do. It works for the queers-- look at the progress they've made in forcing their "lifestyle" down our throats and into our laws in just a few short years. But then, they are loud, obnoxious, offensive to women and children, "in your face" about their "recreational pursuits," et cetera. [Mad] We shooters are quiet, dignified, respectful people... the kind that "don't get no respect," as it were. [Frown]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BusMaster007
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasco 74:
WHAT I AM AMAZED AT IS THE HYDRALICS INVOLVED IN GETTING A CRITTER TO FLY AND FLIP LIKE THAT.

Any word on using the Speer TNT 115-gr. in 7mm Rem.Mag. on these little varmints? [Big Grin] [Eek!]
It's in my long range plans...

Posts: 750 | Location: Upper Left Coast | Registered: 19 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those videos are kewl. [Eek!]

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bill22250
posted Hide Post
DOGBEGONE... Keep 'em coming! I have my own home videos where we have captured some pretty nice footage..... IT WAS A LOT OF WORK! It was hard to do plus I just used my 8mm camcorder.. so I know you have some $$ in equipment. I would be zoomed in on a dog and my buddy would shoot and I would be on the wrong hill ... rats.. try it again.. this went on for days.

Now as far as the video. We all know there is no satisfying the tree huggers. I'm not even going to try. Let's enjoy the sport and not worry about Political correctness.

I just purchased a video ... can't wait for it to get here. By the way I got some neat bullet trails-thru-P/Dogs on tape too. That is awesome to see.

Posts: 37 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was impressed enough to order the Video yesterday morning via the snail mail. They use paypal but I won't support paypal because they give financial support to the Anti's. Tom Wilson was good enough to respect my position and even give me a bit of a deal on my order. I AM looking forward to seeng that vid! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by derf:
I was impressed enough to order the Video yesterday morning via the snail mail. They use paypal but I won't support paypal because they give financial support to the Anti's. Tom Wilson was good enough to respect my position and even give me a bit of a deal on my order. I AM looking forward to seeng that vid! derf

It's actually Tom Gordon, but hell, close enough.

Thanks for the orders, and we truly hope you guys enjoy the production.

And please, feel free to ask any Q's about the video that aren't covered in the FAQ section of our site www.dogbegone.com

Tom

Posts: 2 | Location: NY | Registered: 06 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by derf:
They use paypal but I won't support paypal because they give financial support to the Anti's.

Derf - just curious - what information do you have that PayPal actually supports Anti's? I have monitored this debate, the only information I find that they won't allow their service to be used in a firearm transaction. While this is regretable, it is a far cry from giving financial support.

If you've got different information, we'd sure like to hear it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Groundhogs are rodentia and as such are most likely not a protected species. If we no longer shot them, they would proliferate to the point that they would dig holes all over the farmers' cowpastures and the cows would be stepping into the holes and breaking their legs, after which the farmer would have to shoot a very valuable cow. This is the intelligent side of the debate. The animal-rights wacko side is that they are fuzzy, little, cute and cuddly creatures and only evil Republicans with big, bad guns would ever want to hurt them. We must stop those evil Republicans with their big, bad guns because the delicate ecosystem will be forever altered if the cute and cuddly groundhogs are reduced in numbers by even one. The horror... the horror. Excuse me while I puke! [Mad]

[ 09-01-2003, 12:20: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill22250:
DOGBEGONE... Keep 'em coming! I have my own home videos where we have captured some pretty nice footage..... IT WAS A LOT OF WORK! It was hard to do plus I just used my 8mm camcorder.. so I know you have some $$ in equipment. I would be zoomed in on a dog and my buddy would shoot and I would be on the wrong hill ... rats.. try it again.. this went on for days.<br /><br />Now as far as the video. We all know there is no satisfying the tree huggers. I'm not even going to try. Let's enjoy the sport and not worry about Political correctness. <br /><br />I just purchased a video ... can't wait for it to get here. By the way I got some neat bullet trails-thru-P/Dogs on tape too. That is awesome to see.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom & Others:

Interesting posts.
Haven't seen this video unless it's the same as shown at gunshows here in CO.
What's amazing to me is how you guys get these shots on film, so many, so up close etc.

I've shot at least a boxcar full of p/dogs. Once they are 'educated' they'll hide behind the berms of their holes and just forehead and eyeballs showing. Now, that's precision shooting, and the further away you are, the harder they are to hit.

BUT: you get a high velocity bullet to the head, they will flip up in the air 2-4 feet flipping end over end. Iv'e done it a lot of times.

Have also made a bunch of doubles, and a few triples where others stand behind well enough the bullet will nail more than the one. That's productive shooting.

last time I went out, shot a bunch and was missing more than usual. Finally walking out to find our why and darned if they weren't just pups not much bigger than ground squirrels/picket pins. Try hitting those at 300 yds and you've got a challenge going.

Good shooti, thanks for sharing these shots with so many of us. The filming is great!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6001 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shucks!

Can't get it to play for me.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6001 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I think for my last class, when I retire, I may have to show one of those videos. Got a totally politically correct chairman here in Kolorado (oops, the k is only used for the Peoples Republic of Boulder area). Hence my signature line.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read this thread and ordered "Prairie Dog Be Gone".

It just arrived.

This is a well made video.
I was entranced.
With each shot, I could not take my eyes off the dog before is exploded.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Be thankful we can hunt varmints, take pictures and talk about the hunt. In some places you could get death threats for drawing cartoons.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
We launched a few last week while out coyote hunting. They have been out all winter.

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to say, I have both the dog be gone, and Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter; www.rmvh.com

The last one I feel is better. They show alot more types of varmints being hunted. They also made the clip of the "taliban soldier beeing shot by a seal sniper", wich was a rock chuck shot with a 6mm AI, 75 v-max at 3700+fps..

Very good videos. I would buy the two dvds sold by Rocky mountain varmint hunter!!!

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nortman:
I have to say, I have both the dog be gone, and Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter; www.rmvh.com

Very good videos. I would buy the two dvds sold by Rocky mountain varmint hunter!!!

Thanks Nortman,
"Varmint Safari" and "Varmint Safari II" just arrived, and I like it!

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are sick!!! I mean REALLY sick!!!
I've taken some of my own vidios too. Those are better than mine.
I wanna see more. I enjoy spotting as much as shooting.
Thanks for the good tape DBG!

Posts: 53 | Location: Bothell, Wa. | Registered: 03 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just mailed my check, sittin here wishin the tape was here already!

Soon as the weather clears up and my back quits hurting am gonna go flip a few myself. Called a rancher three weeks ago and he said to come on out, he's got lot's of 'em.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight