THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Winchester M-70 "Heavy Varmint" in .243

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Winchester M-70 "Heavy Varmint" in .243
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 41rem
posted
I've had the M-70 to the range twice now, its an honest out of the box sub 1 moa rifle. Have it zeroed +1.5" @ 100 yards, dead on @ 200 with the Federal Premium 70 gr. TNT ammo. It will put 3 rounds into 1/2" 5 rounds into 3/4" @ the 100 yard mark, with the bbl. cold or hot, clean or dirty. The cheapo Simmons 6-24X scope is a nice surprise so far, the view is sharp and all the adjustments are working spot-on...41

Posts: 54 | Location: Hurricane Ridge, Wa. | Registered: 03 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an earlier model, with a wood stock and 26 inch heavy barrel. It is one heck of a tack driver and accurate rifle, with no matter what you feed it.

However, it only has one problem, which I sent to Winchester and they were too dumb to read the letter explaining why I sent it back to them, so they did not correct the problem.

The rifle was tapped for scope mounts at the factory crooked!

With Millet rings that have an adjustment for windage, at 10 yds, the point of inpact is still 12 to 14 inches too far right with the scope and rings having maximum adjustments set to the left.

It is a one hole shooters with windage sights that are only off about 10 to 20 yds at 100 yds! Quality Control!

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote