New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yote Hunt Advise
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am taking to northern PA this weekend to knock off some yotes. I have a elec. caller with rabbit tape. There is 8" of snow on the ground and should be in the teens. We are hunting mountain land and have got a few "chance happening" yotes before. In deer season we saw several signs way back in, about 450 yrds from were we what to hunt. They cross the area and we have seen them eating dead deer next to the road. I will be using a 300 yd dead on 6mm w/85 Nosler BT w/ 6X18 Weaver in bushy field area were a 250 yd shot is possible. Any advise, decoys, calls, what to expect or helpful hints would be appreciated.
Regards,
Tacksmacker

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Expect the unexpected.

Posts: 10 | Location: LaGrande OR.USA | Registered: 12 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
On a more serious note.I have had the best luck using a CD called coyote seranade.It's a bunch of coyotes howling.Called in 5 dogs in one stand with it.Take a shot gun too,you will call in a helluva lot more scavanger birds than yotes.

Posts: 10 | Location: LaGrande OR.USA | Registered: 12 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently calling coyotes in Pa. is different than other areas. Check out www.predatormasters.com They had a thread on Pa coyote hunting a week ago in the hand calls forum.

Posts: 92 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With Quote