THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Midway Dogtown and Midsouth Varmint Nightmare bullets

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway Dogtown and Midsouth Varmint Nightmare bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been thinking about trying these bullets due to their cost effectiveness, but was wondering about performance, both on paper and on varmints. Does anybody have any experience with them?

Also have been trying to find out who makes these bullets. Midway refused to acknowledge their manufacturer and am still waiting on word from Midsouth...

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't used them myself, but a friend has, and he is satisfied with them, at that price, anyhow. General consensis is that they are made by Nosler, I read that somewhere, but they sure look like Hornady bullets to me. I use way too many V-Maxes and BlitzKings, but I like THEM because they reduce the ricochet factor, which can be important wherever you may be shooting. Currently Graf's has V-maxes at $99.95/1000, which takes away a lot of the pain, too. Buy the Dogtowns or Nightmare bullets, heck, they are worth it just for cheap shooting, but for a real genuine dog shoot, I'd use the poly-tipped bullets for that ricochet factor alone, and the better BC, too. Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do. [Big Grin]

Posts: 116 | Location: KY | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They worked fine on a prairie dog hunt to montana last week. However the Midway bullets definitely do riccochet!

Several times watched them hit the prairie dog, and then saw them skipping thru the dust beyond the P'dog, several times multiple skips.

That bothered me, as there were cows about 600 yds further out.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why would you deliberately shoot in the direction of livestock ??

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good point! but they were up hillside and the rest of the party did not consider it a risk.

I did not shoot that direction if there was livestock anywhere near the line of fire, regardless of distance.

Not everyone is as ethical as others may be.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glenn,

You were correct on the Hornady manufacture for the Midsouth bullets...they just emailed with a confirmation of Hornady...

Midway refused to acknowldge their manufacturer...

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote