THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Pics from Seafire Jr's first Sage Rat Shooting trip

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pics from Seafire Jr's first Sage Rat Shooting trip
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This was from May of 2005, but someone graciously showed me how to post a link for some pictures... He had just turned 11 at this time..

This was taken, pre digital camera....

The more blown up rats seafire jr shot with one of the 223s at 200 or so yards...

Loads were 14.5 grains of blue dot and a Win 46 grain HP bullet with an MV of 3250 fps.. Rifle was a Rem VLS...

The ones he is holding, that are not blown to pieces were shot with his Ruger 10/22 with a heavy barrel and a Boyd's Blaster Left Handed Stock, and a Leupold 6 power scope on it...

These were shot at about 75 to 85 yds...

The little guy is a pretty darn good shot!
He'd still rather be playing Video Games...

here is the link anyway...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2102769476

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Seafire, well done to the lad please. He must have had an excellent coach! He doesn't look as though it was too much trouble to dispatch a few sq's though!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire/B17G: Those pictures made my day!
That is one obviously happy camper and proud shootist!
Good for you guys!
The country you guys Hunt in is sure different than my Ground Squirrel country!
Keep them coming - enjoyed the photo quality.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Seafire,

You have a fine young man there mate.

Its good to see you are getting the next generation ready to carry the torch for us.

You also have great taste in vehicles. (Yep I got one too). Next time we go out on a Wallaby hunt I will get a mate with a digital camera to take some pix if the set up we have with an additional canopy with a hole in it to set up a portable bench. Works wonders.

I will also try and get some photos of my 16 year old up there too (If he lets me)

Well done again mate.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The best varmint trips that I have are when one of my daughters comes along. They're all grown now but anytime they want to go, I'm all for it!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good pic, Very good on both of your parts

one of us
Picture of British
posted Hide Post
Good pics. Ear protection - good to see on a young 'un
cheers

All mushrooms can be eaten, but some only once.

Posts: 325 | Location: Essex, UK | Registered: 12 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hamish,

G'day mate...thanks for the kind words.. I hope we get to see a few pics of your boy out with ya also....

yeah them Jap job Toyotas are one durable rig...

I love my old 88 waaaay too much.. around here tho, they are one of the most stolen vehicles in the state.. even stolen more than a brand new Corvette... Mexicans steal them and then run them below the border, where they strip them and turn them into drug running vehicles across the border..

they are tough and go thru all sorts of stuff..If the cops get after them, the driver, bails out, lights a stick of dynamite in them and blows up the vehicle and the evidence...

so I really have to watch out for it.. don't take it into town and park it much... even when I am out in the mountains, I usually pull the ignition coil wire, so it can't be stolen... Hillbilly security system...

My young lad has grow quite a bit in the last year tho...about 8 inches taller than he was in those pictures.. I am predicting he will be 6ft.6 when he is full grown...

The little twerp is a pretty darn good shot tho...like his mom, not much interest in firearms yet they are both pretty phenominal shots...they are naturals.. I had to learn it.. but I am not bad on a good day...

any cheers mate, and thanks for the Pm!
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words from the rest of my forum buddies on line here... Seafire Jr. enjoyed the compliments very very much...

He has posted some on the political forum.. and we have had a few guys ask him if he was in the KKK or if he is a juevenile delinquent on the Political forum, because of his conservatism...
He just laughs about it... but he really enjoys your gentlemen's praises so much more...

cheers to all...
seafire and seafire jr..
cheers

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you both! This was probably one of the finest ways to spend time together.

I myself have spent countless hours laying in the hay fields in So. Oregon just to flip diggers. It is one of the many things I miss about living here! Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That looks like one proud little guy! Smiler thumb

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe Young
posted Hide Post
I will never forget sitting my grandson down at a bench behind my 22-250 for the first time. After the first round, he said it went off to quick. Then he proceeded to put the next four about 3/4" away in a 1/4" cloverleaf very near the center of the target at 100yds.

Showoff kid, I usually throw the fifth one away and blame it on the gravitational pull of Jupiter.

Love to see these kids out and enjoying our sport, they are the last chance we have in keeping our rights and freedoms.

Posts: 107 | Location: Lake City, FL | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With Quote