New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good varmit rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want a NEF Handi-Rifle (single shot) with a bi-pod and some good optics for coyotes and maby some racoons. What would be a good caliber? i was lookin at a .223 or .243? I live in georgia so extreme long range shots arnt needed. and i have a deer gun so no combo big game varmit guns to be mentioned. i have a poll for u all and i probobly left out a few good ones but im new to the varmit seen and dont know of many.

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a .223 NEF Handi. It is the perfect gun for hunting coyotes here in Wisconsin. I have a 3-9x40 Bushnell mounted on the gun. Oddly enough, I find that I usually have the scope set on 3 or 4 power as all of my shots have been under 100yds.
Buy the NEF, you will love it. Clean it very well before you put any rounds thru it. There are many tips available to help these NEF's shoot better, if needed. If you don't/won't reload your ammo, start off by buying the 45gr hp Winchester white box ammo at Walmart. It is a match made in heaven.

Posts: 23 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: 06 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
30 cal or bust.

Posts: 206 | Location: Alberta ,Can | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What dose N.E.F Stand for?

Posts: 28 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area California United states | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IRONWORKER N.E.F--New England Firearms. There is also a New England Arms,people get the two confused--imagine that.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote