THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Sierra Blitzkings. What do you think?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra Blitzkings. What do you think?
 Login/Join

posted
About two weeks ago I went out for ground squirrles with these little monsters the results were impressive in ways and shocking in others. From my CZ 527 .223 the velocity is supposed to be around 3400 fps with 50 gr. Most of my shots were out past 300 yards. My question comes from the damage done to the animals. Granted these squirrles are a little on the small side. The biggest ones are about the size of a half grown p. dog but the damage was total. There was almost nothing left even at 400 yards. I've used V-max and Nosler B tips at this same range and not had near the destruction on the animal as I did with these blitskings. This being the very first box of them I have shot, I have a few questions. Has anyone else had these same results on squirrles or prarie dogs? Has anyone shot a coyote with one? What did the wound look like? Thay seem to be a good bullet for me as far as accuracy and B.C. goes. I try not to take blood and guts pictures but that was all these bullets gave me. Any info would be great. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the 50gr BKs in my 22-250, which I'm pushing about 3800fps. I absolutely love them! They are accurate as hell and have completely dropped every groundhog I hit with them. The damage I have seen from them varies depending on where I hit the hog. I hit one about 2 weeks ago at 200yds while it was sitting. Very little visible damage, but the insides were jelly. Just yesterday I hit a standing hog at 300yds in the face. That one was pretty messy. Regardless, none of them even flinched after being hit.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use them in my 243 the send the pdogs into red mist. Plus they are very good shooters

Posts: 19570 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am also a big fan of the 50 gr Blitzking. Have shot many PDs with them and they perform very well in my rifle. I think they are a very well- made, accurate, explosive bullet. I have taken a coyote with that bullet and it didn't even get a hop in before it hit the ground. I haven't seen them do much more than a v-max would though. too bad you can't get them in .25 caliber...

Dog-duster

Posts: 61 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've taken two coyotes with the 50 grain BlitzKing out of my .222 Remington. Neither moved in his tracks. Range was under 100 yards.

Posts: 129 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote