THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    What's your favorite varminter?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite varminter?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If you're as busy as I am, you probably don't get to go varminting as much as you like and my solution to that was to go "stealth" . I use a RWS Model 54 22 cal air rifle and it works great from the back deck or anywhere else where people are to close for comfort. That allows me more time for shooting an less time for driving. Mine has accounted for more varmints and small game than any other rifle I own. So what's your favorite varminter?

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite varminter, is VARMINT GUY!

He has cool guns, is a conservative guy, and is really into his sport and does some fantastic writing that just puts you there.

He gets my vote.

cheers and good shooting

seafire

for guns I am partial to my winchester model 70 with a 28 inch stainless steel barrel, in a heavy sporter contour and chambered in 22/250.

honorable mention goes to a model 700 long action rebarreled to a 24 inch stainless steel barrel in a heavy sporter contour with a boyd's laminate stock, chambered in 6 mm Rem, rifle has a one in 7 twist for 115 grain berger bullets.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of squeeze
posted Hide Post
I know this is probably sacrilegious, and my bolt guns
are probably packing their bags, but mine is an AR-15.
This gun is a Armalite National Match Lower, with a
RRA Upper, Flattop, with a 20" 1:9 twist Wilson Air
Gauged stainless barrel, with a Wylde chamber. It
puts 55 gr. Nosler Ballistic tips into one ragged hole,
and any varmint out to 300 yards, is likely to have a bad
day. I can't explain why it is my favorite, but I know
I have a hard time getting the smile off my face after
shooting it.

Squeeze

Posts: 201 | Location: Wis | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Squeeze-- i love my Insight Shooting Systems AR .223 AI also. I've got a 26" 9 twist Hart on it and it shoots a lot of stuff well. But it's a dedicated coyote rig, and so far my favorite bullet is the 69 Nosler Comp. for shots to about 500 yds. or so.

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sscoyote,
Would you mind telling me what kind of powder you are using and what velocity you are getting with the 69 grain bullet???? thanks a lot....
George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote