New
Find
Notify
Tools

coyotegods/jerks.com
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have any of you been to coyotegods.com? I asked if any of them used a 30-06 or other 30 cal. to hunt coyotes. And the next time I went back, the post was gone and I'm not allowed to post their anymore!!! No wonder they don't have many posts. They trully think they are god.

AXEL

Posts: 28 | Location: Stronghurst, IL | Registered: 06 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Axel, I got a little frustrated with John Henry & crew. Anything bigger than their little 17 Remingtons, and you are not in their in club.

the ought to call it the 17 Remington, coyote hunting forum

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I think the identification of the "RAW BEGINNER POSTS" gives pretty good insight into thier attitudes. It goes something like this: "maybe you think "what is better a .223 or a 22-250" is a legitimate question. If so, post it here; somebody will probably answer you."

What arrogance. Even the experienced and helpful Varmint AL had to start SOMEWHERE.
Axel, find a forum where people WANT to help you. There are a few really good ones. "Go Go Varmint go" has more posts in an hour than coyote gods has in a week.

Oh by the way......."what is better, a .223 or a 22-250" IS a legitimate question. You would have to be a tard not to know that the variables are endless. Maybe we should let THEM pick and throw the rest of our calibers away.......Nah, my hummer has a job and my hornet has a job and my .243 has a........
Rambink

Posts: 14 | Location: Northeastern Oklahoma | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been there once, decided the folks there were mostly peckerheads, then I left and never returned.

I may not be a verterinarian but I know a horses ass when I smell one.

Posts: 118 | Location: Milton, Florida USA | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guys at the other forum may not answer your question but I will. I use a 30-06 quite a bit for a truck gun, and I know a lot of other people who do the same. While its not my first choice for a day of calling I have used it for that as well. Its light, fairly cheap to shoot, accurate and I have never seen a coyote get up after he was hit with it. The way I see it if I am comfortable with and confident in a rifle and it is enough gun for the job then thats all that matters. Just my .02

Posts: 72 | Location: House, NM | Registered: 03 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
More enlightened people. My 17Rem. is a fun gun but certainly not my #1 calling rifle.

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Unless you skin coyotes, and sell pelts, take your '06. As long as you hit halfway right, it'll do the job. When it comes right down to it, very few coyotes I shoot are worth skinning, as it is usually a case of the wrong gun in the truck, wrong time of year, mange, or whatever. I end up with few primes, in the end. Only primes are worth messing with for the hide.

Now, if you want to know what a 7mag will do to a fox, I have story. It doesn't involve skinning, either.... [Wink] .

For a bunch of good guys that like to talk about shooting varmints, try http://www.varminthunters.com/forums/ggvg/index.shtml. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Axel;
Here's a pretty good forum, personally I like it better than most! Lots of good guys willing to help you out! [Cool]

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/cgi-bin//Ultimate.cgi

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AXEL:
...And the next time I went back, the post was gone and I'm not allowed to post their anymore!!!

That crew (John Henry) used to hang out at HA. Looks like they took a lesson from Swamp on how to run a website! [Razz]

They caused a good bit of trouble and arguments at HA as well...

It's easy dealing with guys like that. Just don't even log onto their site. As others log on, and see the "warm reception" that they receive, and then also don't return, it will just wither up & die. No big loss.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep Predatormasters is a good forum for advice and general conversation on hunting the smaller predators.

I've posted there a few times, went and hunted with a bloke from there in Canada last Feb too.

They are a little more into PC than Saeeds' AR But it's not hard to get along with anyone there.

Check them out.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote