New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range Varminter, 22.250
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I took a few pictures this morning of the Ruger 22.250 I put together recently....

It has a 24 inch heavy magnum contour stainless barrel on it, one in 8 twist...

The stock is a Boyd's JRS in Grey Laminate...

The action is a stainless Ruger 77 Mk 2.. It has a Dayton Traister Trigger.. the action came from the factory as a 243, so it has a long magazine for long seated match bullets...

The loaded rounds in the album are loaded with 80 grain Hornady A Maxes....

the rifle has two scopes zeroed for it...

One is a Tasco World Class Plus 3 x 9... as shown...

the Varmint Scope is a Weaver V 16, with a Target Dot....

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2090634171

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nicely put together, that gal will do you proud, thanks for posting,show us some groups down the road.regards jjmp Smiler

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesSounds to me that you have a bean field coastal deer rifle. dancingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
Roll EyesSounds to me that you have a bean field coastal deer rifle. dancingroger

Except we have NO bean fields... lol

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle mate, I like it. Would be interested in hearing how the Hornady 80gr A Max bullets go, been meaning to try them out in my Rem .22/250Ai 1:8 for a while, but am getting good results with 80gr Match Kings.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
how much weight does that barrel add to the gun?? and most of all how does it shoot???

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cummins,

It shoots just fine, and the barrel being a magnum contoour.. is lighter than a full varmint contour...

it is about a pound to 1.5 pounds heavier than a sporter.. but a pound or so lighter than a varmint weight barrel...