New
Find
Notify
Tools

M700 VLS in 204 Ruger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is it new that Remington started to list their M700 VLS in 204 Ruger (I have not spotted this before)??

M700 VLS

It will probably take a fair while before these are REALLY available. Still, interesting development. Way to go Remington!

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mho: I had heard that Remington was going to offer the 204 Ruger in some of their Rifles but not exactly which ones! I went to the site you posted and was elated that Remington is going with the 204 in that 700 VLS Model!

A shop in Butte, Montana had in (about 10 days ago) 2 Remington 700's in the new CDL Model (in caliber 204 Ruger)! They both left the shop quickly!

I have been searching for either a Ruger 77V or #1-V (stainless, laminated stock Model) for myself but I have been a day late and a dollar short when one is rumored to be around!

I think I will do some info gathering on the Remington VLS's in 204 and see if I can get an approximate delivery date! I would love to have the 204 in this Model.

Thanks again for the heads up (information) on the Remington 700 VLS.

Hold into the wind

VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
Varmit guy.......heard they are also available in LVSS....22" fluted barrel stainless. I'm still holding out for a CZ. I missed a 77VS grey finish laminated stock by less then 20 minutes.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lofter: Thank you for the information and the link! That would be a nifty Rifle that 700 LVSF in 204 Ruger! I think I would prefer the 26" heavier barreled rig for my uses though! And I would probably go prefer a stainless barreled rig. The Remington 700 VLS, like I now have the hots for, is of course the blued Model but I can't have everything I want I guess.
For anyone interested it appears a respit in the rain, sleet, snow and wind is about to converge on western Montana. We have been blessed (or if you are a Varminter - cursed) with about two weeks of cold, rain, sleet, snow and blustering 24 hour a day winds! We desperately needed the moisture and have for the last 6 years but it chose to come during the week the Deer, Elk and Antelope are giving birth to their fawns and calves. I hope the fawn mortality is not to high.
In my area of Montana they have already issued emergency closures for 139 miles of fishing streams and rivers due to the drought, along with posting fire danger signs (as of 2 weeks ago!) of the EXTREME category! Yikes it may be a long hot firey summer here! Our recent rain and snowfall is literally soaking into the parched ground and not much is going into the streams.
Thanks again for the info on the Remingtons. I am going to call the factory tomorrow (June 1st) to see when production and such will take place. I will post any findings I get.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
VG, The story is that the 204 will also be issued by Remington in the 700ADL Synthetic. From what I've seen shooting the SAVAGE VLP, barrel heat won't be a big problem! If the VLS had been available I would have taken it but SAVAGE beat big green to the draw! I'll check in Madison, NC(Remington headquarters) sometime in the next couple weeks and get the low down! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote