New
Find
Notify
Tools

19/223 Calhoon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
On the Calhoon site they offer loaded rounds from pre-formed 223 Rem. brass but does any company make properly stamped 19/223 brass or loaded cartridges? I will load for the cartridge but it is always nice to have properly stamped brass.

Do any of you have experience with this round? I am seriously considering having one made and would like to get some feedback from others with experience.

Landrum

Posts: 247 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not have any personal experience with this cartridge. I did see a write up in The Varmint Hunter magazine about it. It was a couple of issues back I believe. The author of the article had a rifle built in this caliber. Calhoon did not put it together for him as i recall, he had someone else do it. It did sound as though Mr Calhon was very helpful, perhaps you could give him a call.
From what I remember about it, I don't think that you would be ginaing any more than you would get from a 204 Ruger.
I have never let anything like that stop me if I wanted one though, good luck.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.coyoteguns.com/priceform.htm

Not what you asked for, unless it was the Mach IV.....probably a lot of wildcats not popular enough to warrent a private headstamp. r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of West
posted Hide Post
I have a 19-223 in a Cooper. Been shooting it about a year now. Its accurate and dynamite on PD's. I also have a TAC20 and there is little difference other than I can buy .204 bullets at my local sporting goods store.

BTW, no brass made specifically for it. Brass is easy to make with Forester dies.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.

Posts: 41 | Location: Aurora, CO | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting this round for several years and is about the same as a 204, except you can only buy bullits from calhoon, but is very accurate and no there are no 19/223 head stamped cases, but you can buy cases or loaded ammo from calhoon. The cases are very easy to make, just load and fire and you are done, and 223 cases are plentiful. I use new winchester brass

Landrum[/QUOTE]

posted Hide Post
New subject-I recently had built a 6x45 (6x223) built and would like any loading info available-Rem action-26 inch Donnally barrel and I like to use 65 gr V-Max-Thanks in advance