THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Sighting in for ground squirrels

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sighting in for ground squirrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Going out tomorrow for the first time this year after ground squirrels and figured I better make sure today I'm actually zeroed in. Fourth shot from my 223 (Remington Model Seven) was 2" high, dead center at 100 yds and next shot center punched the 3" dinger at 200 yds just like it's supposed to. Cleaned it good when I put it away last fall and it always takes that first 3 shots for the clean barrel to get "right". My 22LR (CZ 452) put the first shot 1" high, dead center at 50 yds Just like it's supposed to. I only clean the bore on a 22 if it's not shooting right or I change ammo. It's nice to start the season feeling confident and you gotta love it when a plan comes together!

Posts: 664 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hope you have a good crop of them out there this year. Can't think of a more fun target.

Posts: 81 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.17 HMr CZ, sighted for 100 yards.

Took out about a dozen today.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Posts: 254 | Location: Kaliforina | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always sight my 222s in at 1 or 2 inches high at 100 yards. Always 2 inches high with my 6x45.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the range you shoot them at. Here in the Oregon rain forest my average shot is about 75 yards, and rarely more then 100. I have my CZ .17 HMR dead on at 75. I don't want to have to hold low with it inside 100 yards. No need.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just a 100' or so. It just not open up to grapefruits