New
Find
Notify
Tools

ND pd's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
is there anyone out there that has shot PD's in North Dakota, this spring. Thinking south of Williston or that area in and around Alexander. Is there shooting allowed in the grasslands park? Don't need to know your sweet spots, just a general idea on numbers and shooting opportunities. Watford City was another spot, that comes to mind.

one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
Thats Silverfox' back yard..............or front yard?? Either way, Silverfox should know. You could PM him if he is still a member, or go over to Predatormasters as he is active there.

I believe they still have a National Grasslands office in Watford City. Information would get you the number and they can tell you also if there is any restrictions on pds.

Used to shoot that area. There can be some good shooting if you can find the towns that haven't been pounded, although I routinely took my larger caliber pd guns for shooting past 400 yds. Good luck.

Almost forgot, if you are new to that area, you may want to check out the area south and a little east of Sidney Mt. I found more dog towns on the "west" side of the grasslands than I did on the east side.

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reply, know the area somewhat, hunted west of Alexander a couple of times. Found the dogs to be real spookie.