THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Feasability of trapping and relocating squirre

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Feasability of trapping and relocating squirre
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend of mine trapped a bunch of them with cat traps, then "gifted" them to one of the local golf clubs. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you're gonna eat these things or not but when I catch a possum, skunk, or such in a live trap, I put trap and all in a deep spot in the creek and leave it there until the bubbles stop coming up.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would not be legal to trap and transfer either tree squirrels or ground squirrels in CA, spread of disease being the main concern.

Posts: 1295 | Location: 3rd Planet from the Sun | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When there is a question about the legality of removing a pest or you don't want to rile the bunny huggers, use the S.S.S. system: Shoot, Shovel, Shhhhh

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They really like to eat d-CON. Find a way to put some d-CON in a place that makes sense. An outside shed with a hole in it that the squirrels can use as an exit/entrance would be a place that would be reasonable to use it.

In case you wonder what happens? The rodents eat the stuff and go away and die. They do all of the work for you.

Wal-Mart sells it.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
trap them, put them all in one cage until they starve, watch them eat each other.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I lived in town I caught 18 or so black and fox squirrels and relocated them 10 miles away in a 4 acre patch of woods that I own.
The squirrels HATE the live trap!! It has been a few years since but it seems they have stayed in the woods as I see corn they have brought in from the fields and there are nest in the trees.
They seem very shy now as I rarely get to see them.

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the State of Cal. it is illegal to relocate any animal more then 50 feet from where it was trapped alive without a permit! I work for S.C.C. Department of Environmental Health

338vt

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
Quote:

In the State of Cal. it is illegal to relocate any animal more then 50 feet from where it was trapped alive without a permit! I work for S.C.C. Department of Environmental Health
338vt

In the State of California, it is illegal to take a crap in your own toilet without a permit. That's why I don't live in California anymore.

Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sending all my squirrels to California....that will put somebody in 'permit hell'.
Can you trap them and relocate them dead past 50 feet.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote