Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

jbhewitt on the .19-223
 Login/Join

posted
Not to many guys out there with information about the .19's. Nice to know that, now I dont feel so all alone. So what made you decide on the 19? Ive been using his 46gr. and his 42 and 37 in my .222 for about 5 years. Great value plus accuracy. I started using his 30gr bullets for my Hornet about 3 years ago, always wondered why so many guys on his sight dont use them in their hornets but use the heavier 40's
I can say that in my CZ I get 3400fps and around .679 groups, plus they are murder on ground squirrels.
Thanks for the feed back

For the pursuit of all those S.O.B.s that want to take it away.

I have two sons in the Army one in Iraq and one getting ready to leave. They both shot Expert, all those squirrel shooting trips payed off.
Short Range

one of us
posted Hide Post
Short range, I did some research on the 19 cals a couple of years ago after meeting a gent down in New Mexico who had made a 19 cal rifle based on a 222 necked down. That thing sure shot nice. I found Jim Calhoon's site last year and after several conversations with him and checking with several people who have one of his rifles I decided that this was the rifle for me.
Jim was and is always pleasant to talk with and after shooting his bullets this year with great results I decided to go forward with the 19-223
I tried the 42gr and the 52gr bubble butt bullets this year in my 223, 222, and 22-250. Both shot well. The best to your sons, God bless them for sereving their country and a prayer will be said for their safe return.

I believe in life, liberty, and pursuit of the S.O.B.'s that threaten them.

Posts: 130 | Location: East central Kansas | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote