New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 788 in 6mm
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I picked up a 788 in 6mm at the gun show this weekend. Rifle is in very good shape.
Has a 20" barrel, as compared to the 22" barrel in my 788/22-250. Is this the normal barrel length for this caliber? Does anyone know the twist for this caliber? Would like to hear any recommendations on loads that shoot well for this rifle.
Thanks in advance.
MDH

Posts: 286 | Location: Capitol City TX | Registered: 06 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a 788 in 6mm, but it had a 22" barrel and my friends 788 in 22-250 has a 24" barrel.Are you sure they haven't been chopped?They are OK rifles but the triggers are not adjustable unless modififed somewhat.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Hollywood, That rifle should have 1 in 91/8" twist, and the barrel must have been chopped, I've got a great load for it(varmints)if you want to e-mail me, and can send instructions on how to adjust that Rem. trigger, pretty simple really, I mean I got through alright. [Big Grin] jarhty28@hotmail.com, Jay.

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 788 in 6mm has a 24" barrel. I don't remember for sure, but I think the barrel length options on 788's were 24", 22", and 18.5". Depending on caliber and year of manufacture. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote