THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Soapbox time "If ya ain't shot it, DON'T knock it"

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Soapbox time "If ya ain't shot it, DON'T knock it"
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted
Quote:

I refuse to let em live in my head rent free.

I like that! Good advice, great quote!

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got one better, I almost got kicked out of a gun shop about 2 years ago. I am buying my hunting license or something, dealing with the only butthole clerk that is full time in the store. A guy beside me just bought a 243 NEF handi rifle. You could tell by him and his 6 kids he did not have a pot to piss in. A seasonal clerk says anything else. The guys says I need a scope, but I do not know what to buy. The clerk steps away a moment. I said get the best you can afford, go check some out. He asked me if 85 bucks would get him into something good. I told him sure. The clerk comes back with a $800 Swaroski. Then says anything else is junk. I said that is not true, there are plenty of good scopes alot cheaper. He responded Bullshit. Now the door was opened, I do not cuss people until they cuss me so it is now on. So I replied what you are telling me the if it is not Swaro it is junk, that's right. I said you got a whole shit load of junk scopes under the counter. 3 guys were looking at scopes, so I yell down the counter to them. The expert here says if you ain't got $800, better save up your money, the scopes in that rack are junk. I pointed out that the 10 or so Luepolds he had on display he should just give me to remove the stench from the shop, along with a loud profane verbal exchange, with subtle threats of violence. He is enraged and gets the owner who knows me by first name and says what going on. This chaps the clerks ass.I explain. The owner tries to speak to the guy who has had this $185 dollar rifle on lay away for 6 months. The guy has no confidence in anything he says. They let the clerk work there until after Christmas. I told the poor guy to go about 4 blocks down the road and get a 3x9 Swift. That pissed everyone off. The owner told me later that if I would not have been right and spend a ton of money in the shop he would not have wanted me back. I beleive in buying the best you can afford. If you can only afford a $30 Tasco than so be it. I buy what fits my needs and the best I afford. That was such bull, the clerk belittled a man who just wanted to go deer hunting. I hate know it alls. It does not take much to figure out who knows their stuff and people that read mags do not own but grandaddies 06 and go hunting about once a year.